Updates and registration for the Malaysian Physics Olympiad 2022
A flyer recently released by the Malaysian Physics Olympiad committee can be found here.
In addition to the flyer, please note the following for the second round selection test (first round for private students).
Registration deadline: Friday 6th May 2022 11.59pm
Date: Wednesday 11th May 2022
8.00 - 9.00 pm. Paper 2 - E&M (30 MCQ, 1 hour)
9.30 - 10.30 pm. Paper 3 - Oscillations and Waves, Optics, Modern Physics (30 MCQ, 1 hour)
Platform: Google Forms
Registration link for private students.
Students must be under 20 years old on June 30th of the year of the competition to qualify.
The competition consists of a theoretical examination (answer 3 problems in 5 hours) and an experimental examination (answer 2 problems in 5 hours).
Student rankings: top 8% awarded gold medal, top 25% awarded silver medal, top 50% awarded bronze medal, top 67% awarded honorable mention.
Timeline for the national selection process
|March||First selection test
|April||Second selection test
Topics: Electricity and Magnetism, Oscillations and Waves, Optics, Modern Physics
|May||Online training camps
Topics: Advanced topics and problem solving
European Physics Olympiad competition
|June||Face-to-face training camps
Topics: Experimental physics and problem solving
|July||International Physics Olympiad competition|
- Contact person for Category 1 students:
- Mr. Muhammad Sanjay Paramarie (MoE) [email protected]
- Contact persons for Category 2 students:
- Madam Marzini Mohamad Shazali (MARA) [email protected]
- Dr. Nor Azah Nik Jaafar (UKM) [email protected]
- Dr. Aisyah Hartini (UM) [email protected]
- Contact person for Category 3 students:
- Madam Chin Mai Ying [email protected]